Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sharpie Tie-Dye

This had to be one of the simplest DIY projects I have done yet.
I needed a way to cover a stain that my daughter had gotten on a basically brand new white t-shirt..I seriously don't think she has worn it more than twice! So Pinterest to the rescue!! I found a pin on tie-dying with sharpie permanent colored markers and it was so simple. I did modify it a bit from the one I found so here is how I did it.

Materials:
Assorted colored sharpie permanent markers
White Garment
Rubbing Alcohol
Bowl
Medium Sized Paint Brush
Blow Dryer

1. Place area to be tie-dyed over the bowl.
2. Draw your pattern on. The pattern will smear together however do not leave too much white space or else you will have large white gaps in your tie-dye.
3. Once you have an area done dip your paint brush into the rubbing alcohol and starting from the center dab it onto the marker to make it bleed. Make sure you cover all of the marker with the rubbing alcohol.
4. Blow dry that area so you can move onto the next section..this takes about 30 seconds as rubbing alcohol evaporates quickly. You don't want to skip this as it will cause the pattern to bleed onto other areas of the garment if not dry.
5. Place the garment back over the bowl and repeat steps 2-5 until finished.
6. Was as normal before wearing.


No comments:

Post a Comment