Friday, July 27, 2012

Pizza Hut Cheese Bread Sticks

Living in a small town that doesn't have many options for eating out and Pizza Hut being one of my favorite restaurants this recipe is dead on, if you follow it with no substitutions. I was looking online for something simple to make for just myself one night when I found this recipe online. I was excited..OOHHH SO EXCITED..and I just happened to have everything on hand to make them!! This makes quite a large batch so of course I had to share, as any good sister would I immediately texted my brother who shared in my excitement and as always was game for the taste testing. He agreed they were a dead on match for the Pizza Hut restaurant Cheese Bread Sticks.

They take about 15 minutes to prep and 20-25 minutes to bake.

Ingredients:
· 1 1/2 cups Warm Water
· 2 tbsp Sugar
· 1/2 tsp Salt
· 1/2 cup Non Fat Dry Powdered Milk
· 1 tbsp Yeast
· 3 cups Flour
· 1/2 cup Melted Butter..Divided in half
· 8oz Package Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
· Grated Parmesan Cheese
· Garlic Powder
· Salt
· Pepper

  1. In a large bowl dissolve the yeast in the warm water and allow to sit for 5 minutes undisturbed.
  2. Add the sugar, powdered milk and salt to the yeast mixture and combine.
  3. To the yeast mixture add enough flour to make a soupy like mixture, making sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
  4. Add the rest of the flour, enough to make a stiff dough. You may need more or less than the recipe calls for in order to ensure the dough is not sticky.
  5. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until it's smooth and elastic.
  6. Using a rolling pin roll the dough out into the shape of your pan..I used a regular rectangular cookie sheet to make these on so I rolled it out to that size.
  7. Spread half of the butter onto the bottom of your baking pan.
  8. Place the dough onto the pan. Let rise in a warm, draft free place for 15 minutes.
  9. Once it has risen spread the remaining butter onto the top of the dough.
  10. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
  11. Top with parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
  12. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
  13. Cut into bread sticks and serve with marinara sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment